That time of year is here once more when we all start feeling the urge to clear out the cobwebs and freshen up our homes with a spring clean. But why stop at your physical space? There are other aspects of our lives that could do with a ‘quick tidy’ every so often.
The hectic routine of an entrepreneur can often mean that we suffer from decision fatigue. With so many different things on your plate, it’s no surprise that your brain gets bogged down with work every once and a while. But by having a clean and decluttered environment, both physically and mentally, you will have more space in your brain to process everything that comes your way.
So this year, why not spring clean your life with these decluttering hacks?
Spring clean your work life
Is your desk overflowing with documents and files? Do you have too many meetings and not enough time in the day? Is your laptop memory nearly at its limit? Follow these decluttering hacks:
- Organise your computer files: including digital ones such as Dropbox, Google Drive and other cloud-based storage. This will make it easier and quicker to find specific documents when you need them.
- Tidy your workspace: a deep clean of your office or desk will help to boost your productivity!
- Delegate tasks: learn how to let go of some menial tasks. Do you really need to do them? Or can you fall back on a member of your team and delegate it to them? This is a valuable life lesson for entrepreneurs!
- Organise your time: as an entrepreneur, sometimes it might seem like you can’t say no, but in fact, you can! It is okay to decline meetings and calls to focus on the things that are important to your time.
- Clear out your computer storage: too many emails, photos or old files clogging your storage space? Then it’s time to remove anything on your laptop that you no longer need by deleting them or moving them to cloud storage.
- Unsubscribe from unwanted emails: we all get them, those unwanted emails that just fill up our inboxes and clutter our lives. Take the time to unsubscribe from any email lists that you no longer need or want to be on.
Spring clean your finances:
Being an entrepreneur and running a business comes with a lot of financial decisions and paperwork. Try applying some of these spring clean life hacks to your personal and company finances to make sure you stay in the green and out of the red.
- Make sure you have a budget: one of the most important aspects of staying clutter-free and organised is to have a budget. Knowing how much money you have coming in and going out each month is key to making sure your finances are in check.
- Cut your debt: do you have any credit cards or loans out at the moment? If so, make sure to take stock of your debt. Why not enquire to see if you can get your interest rates lowered, or if you may shift your debts to a no-interest card.
- Automate your bill payments: avoid late fees and penalties by setting up automatic bill payments. This way, you’ll never have to worry about missing payments again!
- Check your subscriptions: are you currently subscribed and paying money to a service you hardly use? Then stop giving away free money! Make sure you are utilising your subscriptions, and if you’re not, cancel them.
Spring clean your personal life
Just like your work life and finances, certain aspects of your personal life can benefit from a good spring clean too!
- Spring clean your social media: decluttering who you follow on social media can be really beneficial for your mental health. When your feeds are full of inspiring, happy and positive people, it will help you to feel that way too!
- Prioritise your mental health: in the fast-paced world we live in, it’s easy to get caught up in a never-ending cycle of work, home life and social commitments. But it’s so important to make time for yourself and focus on your mental health. Consider doing daily meditation, speaking with a therapist or incorporating short walks into your day when you feel stressed.
- Eat better: with such busy lives, it’s easy as an entrepreneur to eat all the wrong things. But fuelling your body and brain with a healthy diet is essential for a clear mind. Consuming foods that help to boost your mood, such as salmon, nuts and berries, can help to reduce stress and anxiety. Avoid processed foods and caffeine, which can have the opposite effect! Planning your meals in advance will help you stick to healthier choices when it comes to food.
LOOKING FOR A WORKSPACE ENVIRONMENT THAT’LL HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS AND ENCOURAGE PRODUCTIVITY?
Are you looking for an innovative, flexible and bold community workspace to support you as you take your business to the next level?
At Bold, we believe in creating beautifully designed spaces that’ll inspire you as you grow your brand, vision and business. If this sounds interesting to you, then check out what we have to offer in Manchester here!
Don’t forget to head over to our Instagram for more advice for entrepreneurs, including insights and tips.